What to expect?
A few session highlights include:
- Teri Chadbourne, Developer Advocate, IBM, presents the Offline First approach to web development
- Antoinette Janus, Software Engineer, PBS Kids, talks about bridging the gap between designer and developer in contemporary web trends and topics
- Nara Kasbergen, Software Engineer, NPR, outlines building voice-based apps with Node.js
- Ipsha Bhidonia, Tech Speaker, Mozilla, discusses service workers and how to start developing progressive web applications
- Kazuhito Yokoi, Researcher, Hitachi, presents different tooling around Node-RED
Along with keynotes, sessions and panels, workshops will be available throughout the conference. Topics range from an introduction to web components and polymer to community centric topics like reading the repo – a workshop on clear, effective communication techniques. See the full schedule here.
Getting Here and Pricing
The venue will be in Vancouver BC, Canada, which is potentially the most beautiful place to have a conference. We have several deals with airlines as well as a hotel blocks to help make your process of booking your ticket here more seamless. Additionally, if you are a student, there is special student pricing available. Please learn more on our website.
If you register for JS Interactive by July 20 to save up to $549 USD.
JS Interactive is awarding a few scholarships based on a combination of need and impact. The scholarship includes a conference pass, coach airfare and hotel accomodation for three nights. For eligibility and how to apply click here. All submissions are due by July 6.
The Node.js community is hosting a Code + Learn, which is an in-person (and free) event series where developers receive mentoring from Node.js Core Contributors to learn the step-by-step process of contributing to Node Core. Code + Learn will happen the morning of October 13 after the conference. More on how to sign up and register for this coming soon!
Join the conversation on social by following our hashtag #jsinteractive. We can’t wait to meet you this October.