JS Foundation Individual Contributor License Agreement v4.1
Thank you for your interest in the JS Foundation. This document clarifies the terms under which you, the person listed below, may make Contributions — which may include without limitation, software, bug fixes, configuration changes, documentation, or any other materials — to any of the projects owned or managed by the JS Foundation.
Please complete the following information about you and the Contributions. If you have questions about these terms, please contact us at [email protected].
You accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for your present and future Contributions submitted to the JS Foundation. Except for the license granted herein to the JS Foundation, you reserve all right, title, and interest in and to your Contributions.
JS Foundation projects, including code contributions and all related materials, are each released under the terms of the individual licenses as noted in the project’s repository, or, if no separate license is specified, under the terms of the Apache v2.0 license (the “Applicable License”), with the exception of project documentation and sample code, in accordance with the JS Foundation IP Policy.
All project documentation, including without limitation code that is intended as sample code, will be contributed to the Project and made available under:
- the Applicable License; or
- if approved by the project and defined in the project’s LICENSE file, the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
If approved by the project and defined in the project’s LICENSE file, sample code may be contributed and licensed separately under the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0) License, by which all copyright and related rights are waived.
- Your Contributions are either:
- Created in whole or in part by you and you have the right to submit it under the designated license; or
- Based upon previous work that, to the best of your knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license and you have the right under that license to submit that work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part by you, under the designated license; or
- Provided directly to you by some other person who certified (1) or (2) and you have not modified them.
- You understand and agree that the JS Foundation projects and your Contributions are public and that a record of the Contributions (including all metadata and personal information you submit with them) is maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with the JS Foundation’s policies and the requirements of the Apache v2.0 license where they are relevant.
- You are granting your Contributions to the JS Foundation under the terms of the license as noted in the project’s repository or if not specified, either the Apache v2.0 license or the CC0 as applicable.